Whether you are going for a fun, flirty, casual or formal style, everything you wear should help you look feminine and more importantly, fit your proportions. While selecting your dress, it’s necessary to have a fair knowledge about your body type and of course, the latest fashion trends if you want to show off your style.
Even if you’re really thin or skinny, there are different styling ways to add bulk to your appearance. Here are some simple tricks to help you carry a style statement that is just right for your thin frame.
- Style blouses and shirts with side darts to flaunt your waistline. Ruffles and pocket style shirts will add volume while horizontal stripe patterns can add curves to your entire figure.
- Avoid wearing tight or fitted attire, as they will highlight your skinny figure. Instead, try to find perfect fit clothing – something that’s not loose, shouldn’t be snug either.
- Experiment with different shades and patterns. Avoid solid colors as they will slim down your silhouette further.
- Layering your dress can also widen your shoulders and make you appear larger. Find the best jackets that hug your waist. Look for stylish accessories, like wide belts that can sit comfortably above your waist and make your bust and hips look wider. Remember, defining your waistline helps you appear curvier.
- Avoid calling attention to skinny legs. Don’t wear overly skinny jeans, tight pants and short skirts. Instead opt for flowing and long skirts to add more volume to your lower half.
Follow these simple tricks to emphasize your skinny frame with full confidence. Stay in style and wear outfits that flatter you the most!