Ladiesssssss….How YOU doin? (Please tell me you got that ref) Spring is upon us! Which means my closet is FULL. By full, I mean all my hangers are currently taken, I have clothes on my bed, some on the floor, and a load in my laundry basket. You’d think with all that to choose from, my spring clothing selection would be a done deal.
Well. It’s not.
I mean, Spring casual wear is set. I have my florals prints, I got dark and light colors, I have a range of short-sleeves, cutoffs, padded jackets, all that jazz. But really, it’s not so much about the resources as it is how you use them. There’s always room for addition, because that black, pink, and green floral print you thought went so well with that cream, lacy blazer suddenly looks entirely different (and better) with this black, padded one. It’s every shoulder pad for itself now-a-days.
Ladies, and Gentlemen—for that matter, if you remember absolutely nothing else from this blog, remember this:
- Always keep a stock of blank V-neck and boat neck t-shirts—in multiple colors
- Floral and other patterns on blazers—are great for that added flair. Shoulder pads transform the blazer, so exercise caution.
- A nicely tailored black blazer is always needed.
- Brightly colored cardigans and dresses can easily vary in formality depending on accessories
- Spring casuals are never limited to any type of clothing, because the season is just that gracious. So live it up.